Sunday, December 16, 2007

London and Leicester

What's Leicester you ask (pronounced "Lester")? It's a small town about 60 miles north of London that apparently has great hospitals and a 60% Gujurati population. I had to go there to visit some physicians and cath labs for work. First time ever I saw signs in Gujurati and Hindi all around town (outside of India). After Leicester, I got to spend the weekend in London with my friend Mita who moved there this past summer. We had a blast window shopping (the dollar is unfortunately sooooo weak), going to tea time, fine dining, and "sightseeing" on a double decker bus. The next night we went to a holiday party at my b-school friends' place. It was so fun to see old Kellogg friends -- a friend who lives in Thailand and a friend from New York also happened to be in London that weekend! Good times. But mostly, it was good to catch up with Mita who I miss a lot and don't get to see to much anymore. Next time to London the trip will be even better since Tej hopefully will come with me! It was a little hard to be away from him for 8 days. I know, I'm whipped. :)






No comments: