My first x-mas in Lynchburg, VA (aka LBC) with the in-laws was really great. The Shah family was so welcoming and hospitable and their house was very warm and cozy. I thought we'd get bored after a week there (with not much to do in the LBC), but surprisingly our time flew by spending time with the family, helping with meals, going to the YMCA (even playing some basketball there), going to the dollar theater, hanging out with some of his highschool friends (basement style) and a lot of reading! It was the perfect get-away. I am already looking forward to next yr. We also had a lunch reception at an Indian restaurant (with a cheesy Taj Mahal painting on the wall) one afternoon since many folks weren't able to make it to our wedding.
It was so great to see where and how Tej grew up. I was surprised how much Tej and Deep helped their parents around the house. Deep especially gets a gold star. I guess I shouldn't have been that surprise -- Tej helps so much around our apt and he must have learned that from somewhere! I really applaud his parents for showering their kids with love and affection, while also teaching them to take care of themselves (very different from many Indian boys I know!).
2 comments:
tej deep are great and real deciplined boys but its most important that some one see those qualites and appreciate it and that is been done by sweet sahana. she is so down to earth and give every credits to others.. that show very good qualities in her.....
may god always keep this young couple happy healthy and joyful
pratima aunty
It is nice of Sahana to include sweet memories of Lynchburg in their blog.
Tej and Deep gave the most valuable art and gift of teaching parents to take care of themselves. To look after others is easier than looking after ourselves.
I can see and feel how content Tej, Sahana and Deep are!
We are proud of you.
God bless you,
Dharmi & Jayesh.
Post a Comment