Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lynchburg Surprise

Dad's (Tej's Dad) point of view:
"This is a short write-up about the Sahana's baby shower we had on August 30. It was not a gala event. But we all had a great time as Tej, Deep, Sahana and Sahana's parents were all here visiting us. The highlights of the event were the two surprises that Kali managed to give to the Beheras family. Sahana did not know that her parents were coming (of course Tej knew). Tej and Sahana came to Lynchburg in the morning on August 28. Kirttan and Mamata (Sahana's parents) were coming at 9:30 pm by air and Deep was coming at 10:20 pm by train on August 28. So Tej had to go to the airport to pick up the Sahana's parents and I had to go to the train station to pick up Deep. Kali kept Sahana busy by asking her to arrange some games for the baby shower so that when Tej said he is going out to pick up Deep, Sahana did not say that I will come with you. When I went to pick up Deep, Sahana did not even know that I was gone. So when Tej came back home and pressed the door bell, Kali asked Sahana to go and answer the door bell. When she opened the door she could not believe that her parents were standing there at the front door. Tej said to Sahana that I made a mistake. I picked up your parents instead of Deep. The next day another big surprise was Sahana's God brother, his wife and their 3 children (all under age 4) all came from Durham North Carolina to attend the Sahana's baby shower.

We had a good time. But the visit of all the family members was too short. After they left, I really started missing them".


No comments: