Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lynchburg Trip

We had a wonderful time in Lynchburg last weekend. I was so happy (and very surprised) with my surprises (my parents coming and Sanjiv & family coming). Tej's mom did a great job planning the entire weekend and the surprises. It was so nice that Deep came as well. The shower started around noon on Sat and it started with a pooja where we received blessings from friends and family. We then went to a local Indian restaurant for lunch. After lunch we rested for a bit and then went to the awareness garden. Tej will explain more about how wonderful it was to celebrate Mom's fight and win over breast cancer. The main reason we went to Lynchburg was to celebrate this. Of course Mom had other things in store for us (the baby shower...).


On Sunday, I got to see the real beauty of Virginia. We went to the Blue Ridge mountains. We had a picnic there and then hiked a bit. We went to the top of one of the mountains (we had to take a bus to get there). It was really beautiful there. We had such a great weekend with our families.

It was the perfect timing for a baby shower. As I am now in my 24th week, it doesn't seem so far away anymore. We are realizing that our baby boy will be entering this world very soon -- as soon as 3 months from now! I am starting to show (which is very exciting) and I can feel the baby moving. He is an active one. It is a pretty unreal feeling. We are starting to prepare our home and our lives for the little one. We can't wait for him to come!

No comments: